Monday, December 24, 2007

History of Company

When I moved into a new rental house I did not have enough space for my tool storage so I decided to build a shed. I went to a neighbor's house to get dimensions on the rafters of his shed and VIOLA! I had my first shed built.

It was not long after I built my personal shed, that I started building one with my class at work. (I teach shop classes in a public High School) So pretty soon I had some friends ask about me building sheds for them and before I knew it I had 5 sheds built!

I found that I love building for multiple reasons. I need to relieve stress when I get home from working with JR high and High School Students all day. And I love how quickly they take shape and get finished! It feels good to start in the morning with a pile of lumber and by afternoon have a fully framed and enclosed structure.

In January of 2008, I made the company Sawyer's Sheds, and I pride my products on lasting craftsmanship but I think my greatest selling point vs. the box stores is the word custom: The cheapest shed that I will build you will still have your custom choice of exterior color, trim color and roofing color. If you really want to go custom, I've made windows, skylights, wood lettering, exterior doors, cedar shake facing, cupalos... If you think it up, there's a good chance I'll build it!

No comments: